Many benefits come with the use of a CRM. The main functions of a CRM include organization, centralized task management, marketing automation, and communication. These functions are crucial to making any business a success. Some of the benefits of using a CRM are:
1. Improved Client Service: A CRM is defined as a customer relationship manager. Its purpose is to manage the relationship between the client and the manager. The CRM contains all the information that pertains to the client. The information may include services rendered, queries, and previous communication. The data is accessible to anyone in the company who needs it. It ensures that whoever is serving the client has all information to ensure the client is satisfied with the services offered.
2. A centralized database with client information: Centralization of information is critical as all client information is available in one place. The data is easily available and helps the employees serve the clients better. It saves time for the employees to consolidate information about the client. A good example is when serving a client; the CRM will include the services offered, any queries, and feedback given. This will then inform future marketing efforts and sales pitches.
3. Analytics: Data that is not analyzed is not helpful to a business as you need to know what it means and how to apply it. A CRM can break down data and give you understandable, measurable units. Analyzed data will inform you of the demographics of people reached during a campaign, its success, and what areas need to be changed for the next campaign.
4. Reports: The CRM has reporting features that allow you to generate reports regarding your current clients, their demographics, and those of potential clients. These reports help the business review its goals for the year and they current progress. It also helps them compare the current year and previous years and forecast for the future.
5. Better communication with clients and leads: The CRM allows better communication, and the system keeps all prior communication for follow-ups. It also alerts the employees when they should communicate with the clients and keeps track of all emails and phone calls, making it easier to manage the clients and leads, which would otherwise be tedious.
Statistics show that companies that used CRM increased their sales compared to when they did not and also increased their conversion rate.